Contact your Local Rep
For more information or support:
Contact your Sales Representative
Contact Dukane Directly
For equipment service:
To submit an application:
iQ Series Ultrasonic Integrated Servo Press System i220
Dukane’s iQ Series i220 Integrated Servo Driven Ultrasonic Welder with patented Melt-Match® technology is a self-contained unit with iQ Series Generator/Power Supply housed within the press.
Smaller Footprint: This welding system addresses the need of an "out of box" "plug and play" Servo driven Ultrasonic Welder and provides a smaller footprint
Easy Installation: Since most components are built-in, this welder has fewer cables and is very easy to install
In a smaller footprint this machine provides the efficiency and reliability of a 100% digitally controlled, Multi-Core iQ Series power supply with the precision of an advanced servo press. Like all other iQ Series Servo Ultrasonic Welders from Dukane i220 Integrated Servo welder also delivers unprecedented repeatability, accuracy and reliability to your ultrasonic bonding process.
iQ Servo Advantage
iQ Dynamic Servo Motion Control - NO Pneumatics!
Integrated all-electric true servo technology eliminates the variability associated with pneumatic press components resulting in improved process repeatability and accuracy. Dynamic Servo Motion Control technology delivers precise control of ultrasonic stack velocity, force and location providing a more optimized and robust process.
- Repeatable and accurate Servo Motion Control
- Integrated Melt-Match® Technology
- Dynamic Velocity Melt Initiation (DVMI™)
- Precise velocity/force control during initial application of sonic energy allowing for optimization of joint melt initiation. (Patented)
- Programmable stack velocity and location control
- Reduction in cycle time.
- Ideal for integration into automated assembly systems where high precision and reduced variability is desired.
Calibration and Validation
100% digital all-electric control simplifies the calibration and validation process. By removing the pneumatic components, validating your ultrasonic welding process has never been easier and is ultimately more reliable. The advanced all electric press and digital control features of the iQ Series welder will assure that your calibration/validation will stay in tolerance for a longer time. This provides more confidence in the welding output between calibration schedules while maintaining system repeatability.
- Simple calibration procedure - no pneumatic components to adjust
- Only one device required for calibration (Force Sensor)
- All other parameters validated (no adjustment - functional tests only - distance, time & velocity)
- Optional Dukane calibration/certification prior to shipping.
- Dukane calibration technicians available for on-site calibrations as required
No pneumatics = NO compressed Air!
One of the highest cost manufacturing today is associated with energy required to generate compressed air for pneumatic operations. It is estimated that only 50% of the compressed air generated is used for operation; the rest is lost due to leaks and waste.
iQ FDA Compliance
- Multi-level password protection
- Process change audit history and documentation (FDA part 11)
- Indexed quick change tool system
- UDI - Unique Device Identification
- Integration with barcode scanner and/or laser marker system for FDA documentation.
- No operator accessible adjustment knobs or
- Ensures validated process remains unchanged.
- All mechanical changes require a specific tool.
- Clean room friendly
- No air exhaust to filter
- Stainless steel panels
Studies show that precisely controlling the velocity of the ultrasonic stack during the welding cycle provides increased weld strength and reduced variability. Dukane's Melt-Match® technology precisely matches the velocity of the ultrasonic stack with the melt flow velocity of the plastic material ensuring optimum molecular intermingling. This produces stronger, more reliable weld results when compared to pneumatic systems.
- Precise and reliable velocity control with iQ Servo
- Programmable multi-point velocity profile
- Programmable static or dynamic (by distance) post weld hold
The graphing features of the iQ explorer software make process (Melt-Match®) optimization simple. An optimized weld process will create a constant power output throughout the melt phase of the weld cycle